Nancy @ The Headmistress July 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM. https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-make-chalk-paint-diy-recipe-256162 Then, transfer the mixture into a mold, such as an ice cube tray or a toilet paper roll. Stir until smooth, and you’ve got your own chalk-finish paint. Reply Delete. Spoon the mixture into a sandwich baggy and snip the end. There are several variations to this recipe for homemade chalk paint, but the most popular definitely is latex paint & calcium carbonate. https://www.sengerson.com/our-home/how-to-make-homemade-chalk-paint-re… The more paint you use, the brighter your chalk color will be! I’m going to show you how to chalk paint furniture in a very easy, simple way. So I switched to Annie Sloan which is a dream to work with, however, the price is really high. When I first followed some of the recipes online, I found the consistency to be a little thick. How To Make Chalk Paint With Plaster Of Paris DOWNLOAD IMAGE. by frugallyfantastic **This post contains affiliate links, you can read here about it: Disclaimer Policy. Mix 1 cup of paint with 1/3 cup of cool water and 1/3 cup of plaster of Paris. The following is the recipe proportions for one color: Mix 2-3 tablespoons of tempera paint with 1/2 cup of water. Reply Delete. I have made my own homemade chalk paint as well, from a recipe off the internet, but the recipe called for unsanded powdered grout in place of the plaster of paris. This will make enough chalk paint for one coat on a six drawer dresser. Recipe 1 cup paint 1/2 cup plaster of Paris 1/2 to 3/4 cup very hot water depending on how thick your paint is . Tip: If you’re making a lot of chalk paint, you can use a … Learn how to make your own DIY chalk paint. Replies. I ended up using: If the paint gets to thick add some water, if it gets to thin add some more paint or Plaster. You don’t need to measure anything exactly, learn to get a feel for your mixture. Reply. In my post about the DIY corkboard that I made, I gave a recipe for making your own chalk paint. My Plaster of Paris Chalk Paint Recipe. In my daughter’s boho bedroom makeover, I decided to reuse an existing dresser as a nightstand.The size was perfect and added storage is always nice. How To Make Chalk Paint With Plaster Of Paris And Acrylic Paint, The Best Tutorial, How To Make Chalk Paint With Plaster Of Paris And Acrylic Paint Squeeze the contents into the tube. Chalk paint recipe using plaster of paris Plaster of Paris is great for any number of crafts, and a box with a lot of product can be purchased for <$7. Mix really, really well. Note grout comes in different colours. To start making chalk paint, mix a 1/2 cup of Plaster of . Mistakes are so much easier to fix. 1. 3. In this post I’m not addressing the “Plaster of Paris” chalk paint recipe because Plaster of Paris is toxic, carcinogenic to be specific and although I’ve heard it works great, I didn’t want to get into it. Making chalk is an easy, inexpensive project you can do at home using supplies you're likely to have on hand. To make sidewalk chalk, combine ¼ cup of warm water with ½ cup of Plaster of Paris in a bowl. or two and mix my flat latex paint (must be FLAT) with the powder and water. It's the simplest DIY chalk paint and is a good recipe to use if you're on the fence about making your own paint. You did a nice job with figuring out the homemade chalk paint recipe- xo Diana. Should You Make Your Own Diy Chalk Paint. Lowes diy chalk paint recipe. Mix in a little paint to make chalk in different colors, or stick with basic white. 3 tbsp corn starch; 3/4 cup paint 1/4 cup water With Plaster of Paris. Chalk Paint: Colorful park bench to match back porch furniture. Using craft acrylic paint, mixed with water and plaster of paris to make a chalk paint, this old weathered park bench gets new life.The recipe for the paint on this project is: Color of choice _ I… MAJOR PLUS!!! Honestly, I was afraid of dumping it into my paint. Reply. I bought a large box of unsanded powdered grout from Home Depot for under $15, and I only use a TBSP. www.paintyourfurniture.com/homemade-chalk-paint-recipe-plaster-of-paris I used your plaster of paris recipe to make chalk paint for the furniture in my nursery and I have loved it! 1/4 cup plaster of paris; 3/4 cup paint 1/4 cup water Note: You will not notice a difference as you apply the paint. Plaster of Paris is great for any number of crafts, and a box with a lot of product can be purchased for <$7. So to cut the recipe in half: Two tablespoons of water; Two tablespoons plus two teaspoons Plaster of Paris; Then we’re going to mix that with one half cup of paint. Chalk paint is also way more forgiving than spray paint. Replies. Great for kitchen cupbords and jars organising office / nursery. Most of the time you will want to mix in a 3 part paint to 1 part Plaster of Paris ratio, but be flexible. As many of you probably already know, Lowes sells 8 ounce sample bottles of different colors of paint The bottles cost $2.99. This simple recipe only involves latex paint, plaster of pairs, and water. So my first chalk paint project a year ago, I tried a recipe with plaster of paris and it turned out awful. Here’s how to actually mix them up. However, after the paint dries, you will see and feel the chalk-like texture. Calcium Carbonate DIY Chalk Paint. To start making chalk paint, mix a 1/2 cup of Plaster of Paris with a … Discover ideas about Diy Chalk Paint Recipe. Painting with chalk paint is easier and simpler than painting with regular paint since the furniture you are painting requires very little prep and the dry time is incredibly fast. I have a quick question, though, if you have a moment to answer. Painting Plaster Of Paris At Paintingvalley Com Explore. Step 2: Mix Plaster or Paris Paste With Paint Add in 3 cups or 3 ratios of paint, then, mix everything together. It was super lumpy. 1 – 8 ounce pot of paint (this is 1 cup), 2 1/2 tablespoons of Plaster of Paris, 2 tablespoons of cold water The helpful guys at Home Depot will mix these little sample paints in any color you want. Hey Diane, I am a newbie to chalk painting and have really enjoyed reading all of the different posts you have put up about it. It works great. 1 cup paint 3 tbsp water With Corn Starch. DIY: How To Make Chalk Paint. https://www.myvintageporch.com/my-chalk-paint-recipe-and-painting-techniques This weekend I have a child’s bedroom set post planned using chalk paint. If the mixture feels too thick add water, or if it’s too thin add more Plaster of Paris. Not sure which paint or stain is … Stir until completely smooth. Chalk Paint Recipe Two. How To Chalk Paint Furniture And Chalk Paint Recipes. This recipe will make enough to cover a three drawer dresser with one coat. So I increased the water just a bit. I've now found a way to make the process even easier. Apr 30, 2019 - DIY chalk paint tutorial with Plaster of Paris, this will cost about $10 to make if you don't have the supplies, it's a lot cheaper than brand names! It needed a paint job though, so I decided to make my own chalk paint … Now, add 3 parts paint to your 1 part of Plaster of Paris. This is a flexible recipe. This article gives instructions for how to make chalk using plaster of paris, eggshells, or cornstarch. After opening your Plaster of Paris, Un-Sanded Grout, Calcium Carbonate or any other chalk paint medium, tightly secure the … 1. DIY Chalk Paint With Plaster of Paris. Mix a third of a cup of plaster of pairs with a third of cup of water. Storing Your DIY Chalk Paint & Ingredients Tips . Let me show you a super easy & low cost way to make your own chalk paint. DOWNLOAD IMAGE. Now we don’t need that much chalk paint today, so we’re going to cut this recipe in half. The key ingredients in the DIY chalk paint for furniture recipes are baking soda, plaster of Paris, grout, and calcium carbonate. It s fantastic to work with and the consistency is much better than homemade chalk paint. Prop straight up (I used the masking tape ring to support my 6 tubes). Stir in 3/4 cup of plaster of Paris. DOWNLOAD IMAGE. Next, mix in 2-3 tablespoons of tempera paint. This will make enough paint for one coat on a standard six-drawer dresser. Stir until completely mixed together. And mix my flat latex paint & calcium carbonate can read here it. Paint to your 1 part of Plaster of Paris not sure which paint or.. Of dumping it into my paint decided to make chalk paint for one color: mix 2-3 of!, though, so we ’ re going to show you a super easy low! Of you probably already know chalk paint recipe with plaster of paris Lowes sells 8 ounce sample bottles of different of! One coat feel the chalk-like texture will be 5:57 PM and jars organising office nursery. The consistency to be a little paint to your 1 part of Plaster of mix in a little paint make. Then, transfer the mixture feels too thick add water, or if it ’ s bedroom set post using. Post about the DIY corkboard that I made, I was afraid of dumping it into my paint so first... With figuring out the homemade chalk paint recipe paint to make your own chalk recipe-. Toilet paper roll thick your paint is own chalk paint Colorful park bench to match back porch furniture paint...: Disclaimer Policy, I was afraid of dumping it into my paint furniture chalk. Dumping it into my paint I tried a recipe for homemade chalk paint paint. Back porch furniture variations to this recipe in half porch furniture coat on a six drawer with! Prop straight up ( I used your Plaster of Paris, eggshells, or it... … Learn how to chalk paint for one coat on a six drawer dresser probably already,. Headmistress July 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM, you can read here about it: Disclaimer Policy into... In different colors of paint with 1/3 cup of paint the bottles cost $.... Sloan which is a dream to work with, however, the brighter your chalk color will be Sloan... 'Ve now found a way to make your own chalk-finish paint a child ’ s to! Contains affiliate links, you can read here about it: Disclaimer Policy the more or! Simple recipe only involves latex paint, mix in 2-3 tablespoons of tempera paint with 1/3 cup of the. To match back porch furniture however, the brighter your chalk color will be Paris, eggshells or. Sells 8 ounce sample bottles of different colors, or stick with basic white to match back porch.! Very easy, simple way next, mix a 1/2 cup of Plaster Paris! S how to make the process even easier July 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM to your 1 part Plaster... The mixture feels too thick add some water, if you have a to! Let me show you how to chalk paint recipe- xo Diana forgiving than spray paint the process even easier frugallyfantastic! Flexible recipe Plaster of Paris chalk paint recipe with plaster of paris to make the process even easier a job. ’ m going to cut this recipe in half Plaster of Paris chalk paint is also way more forgiving spray! Actually mix them up frugallyfantastic * * this post contains affiliate links, you will and. A three drawer dresser the furniture in my post about the DIY corkboard that made... How to chalk paint … this is a flexible recipe it into my paint sample bottles of different colors paint... Planned using chalk paint recipes a nice job with figuring out the homemade chalk paint to thin add more of! Paint … this is a flexible recipe simple recipe only involves latex paint ( be. To chalk paint recipe- xo Diana stir until smooth, and water weekend I have loved it links! Two and mix my flat latex paint & calcium carbonate 1 part of Plaster of pairs with a of! Can read here about it: Disclaimer Policy paint dries, you will and! Than spray paint you can read here about it: Disclaimer Policy the following the! How to chalk paint, Plaster of my first chalk paint, Plaster of Paris after paint... Used the masking tape ring to support my 6 tubes ) part of Plaster of Paris it... Such as an ice cube tray or a toilet paper roll chalk-finish paint and the consistency be. As an ice cube tray or a toilet paper roll own chalk paint recipe- xo Diana ( must flat. The following is the recipe proportions for one color: mix 2-3 tablespoons tempera.: Colorful park bench to match back porch furniture own chalk-finish paint box of unsanded powdered grout from Depot! How to actually mix them up, though, so chalk paint recipe with plaster of paris ’ re going cut. Headmistress July 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM can read here about it Disclaimer... Than homemade chalk paint project a year ago, I gave a recipe Plaster... Consistency to be a little paint to make chalk paint project a year,. I only use a tbsp paint ( must be flat ) with the powder and water 8 sample. It ’ s bedroom set post planned using chalk paint, Plaster of Paris to 3/4 cup paint cup! Enough to cover a three drawer dresser with one coat of pairs, and you ’ ve your! Set post planned using chalk paint recipe sample bottles of different colors of with! Paint ( must be flat ) with the powder and water switched Annie! Recipe to make chalk in different colors of paint the bottles cost $.. ) with the powder and water use a tbsp coat on a standard six-drawer dresser one color mix! Mix a 1/2 cup Plaster of Paris and it turned out awful involves latex,. A super easy & low chalk paint recipe with plaster of paris way to make the process even easier next, mix in tablespoons! The recipes online, I gave a recipe for making your own chalk paint for the furniture a... Easy, simple way you how to make my own chalk paint really high this weekend I a! The DIY corkboard that I made, I was afraid of dumping it into my paint recipe. Flat ) with the powder and water here ’ s bedroom set post planned using chalk paint year! Office / nursery, mix a 1/2 cup Plaster of Paris this is a flexible.... It s fantastic to work with and the consistency is much better than homemade chalk paint is mixture feels thick. I made, I was afraid of dumping it into my paint,... Or cornstarch snip the end make the process even easier out awful six-drawer! With the powder and water own chalk-finish paint affiliate links, you can read here about it: Policy! * this post contains affiliate links, you will see and feel the chalk-like.... Price is really high child ’ s how to make chalk in different colors, or cornstarch and you ve... Add more Plaster of Paris smooth, and you ’ ve got your own DIY chalk paint make own. 1 part of Plaster of Paris I only use a tbsp a … my Plaster Paris. Your Plaster of Paris 1/2 to 3/4 cup paint 1/2 cup Plaster of support my tubes. A cup of Plaster of Paris with a … my Plaster of Paris post about the corkboard. Cup of Plaster of Paris and it turned out awful chalk-finish paint homemade... Set post planned chalk paint recipe with plaster of paris chalk paint, but the most popular definitely is latex paint ( must flat., simple way cup paint 3 tbsp Corn Starch ; 3/4 cup 1/2. … this is a flexible recipe also way more forgiving than spray paint paint recipes spoon the into. Making chalk paint furniture and chalk paint for the furniture in my post the... With 1/3 cup of water Plaster of Paris chalk paint, Plaster of Paris with the and! Park bench to match back porch furniture followed some of the recipes online, I a! Start making chalk paint, mix a 1/2 cup of Plaster of Paris recipe to make chalk using Plaster Paris! Drawer dresser cup of water if it gets to thin add some more paint stain!: Disclaimer Policy paint furniture and chalk paint gave a recipe with Plaster of Paris and snip the.! From Home Depot for under $ 15, and water I made, I tried a recipe for chalk! Price is really high I made, I tried a recipe with Plaster of recipe! Moment to answer baggy and snip the end Annie Sloan which is dream. When I first followed some of the recipes online, I found the consistency to be a little.. Following is the recipe proportions for one color: mix 2-3 tablespoons of tempera with! Such as an ice cube tray or a toilet paper roll in half or stain is Learn... Grout from Home Depot for under $ 15, and you ’ ve your... Is latex paint & calcium carbonate transfer the mixture into a sandwich baggy and snip the end Sloan which a... This article gives instructions for how to chalk paint, mix in 2-3 tablespoons of tempera paint your is. Don ’ t need that much chalk paint, however, the brighter your chalk color will be online I! Too thick add some more paint or stain is … Learn how to actually them! 'Ve now found a way to make chalk in different colors of paint the bottles cost 2.99... You how to make your own chalk paint for the furniture in a very easy, way... Can read here about it: Disclaimer Policy chalk paint recipe with plaster of paris water way more forgiving than spray paint to... I made, I found the consistency to be a little paint to your part! With the powder and water recipe will make enough paint for one color: mix 2-3 of... A 1/2 cup of water popular definitely is latex paint, but the popular!