When diag box was later plugged in, the code came back as "p0299" - turbo underboost. And now it has randomly started stalling when stopped at a red light. Or p0 700. The car shakes when driving. I had to pull over to the side of the street and turn the car off. See I will also not be doing business with any gm manufacturer. Bought a used 2015 chevy Cruze ltz, carfax checked out except for when the vehicle was a year old it failed emissions testing 5/2019 (no detailed information of the work done, assuming work done) but it shows as passing ever since until December 2019. Recommend turbo for failed boost cotrol test" this sounds to me like a faulty part, and an expensive one at $1,501. With no prior issues, just out of the blue. Whats people lookup in this blog: The light in this box will blink, be attentive now! If so give us a call at 513-697-5200 and we’d love to set up a diagnostic appointment. Since then, I have also had the battery replaced. Buy or borrow an OBD-II code scanner. He waited 10 mintues and started the car to head back home. Got tental. Since then, the number of times the engine has cut off has increased immensely. Without a loner car, I feel very uneasy about driving my broken vehicle and they are acting like this is no big deal. This was replaced and the check engine light went away. This is also the second time I am filing a complaint with the NHTSA. It has done this hundreds of times to date. Now, at 73k miles, the vehicle slowed down after stuttering on the freeway while my 18 year old daughter was driving it home last night. No air induction restriction found. This can be difficult to repair, so your best course of action is to schedule a service appointment. Use the thumbwheel to scroll Edit. 2017 Chevrolet Cruze Engine Light. Try CARBON CLEANING ! He pulled over and turned off the car. My car has 11200 miles. that would be dangerous, not to mention negligent, Ok I Have A2014 Chevy Silverado pick up 1/2 ton my engine light came on so I Took it to Orileys and the put on their tester said it was emission Problem may be a faulty gas cap not tight so tightened it put Premium Gas in it it still has light on I keep checking Gas cap do I need to take it back to Orileys and have them recheck it HELP. We are confident our certified ASE mechanics can get to the bottom of this for you. Took my car to the dealership for a diagnosis check and was told nothing showed up. Repair and replacement procedures for oxygen sensors are often highlighted in the vehicle owner’s manual. Or if … Today it happened eight times during one forty-five minute commute. It is a huge concern considering the throttle can get stuck at any point and their goes my life as well as my 2 year olds life. Code p1101 sitting in a parking lot in check engine light came on within 24 hours of buying the car. I attempted to replace the sensor (code came back) and solenoid (code back again) as they came up often in research when looking for a solution. I called the local chevy dealer and told them about the recall notice. A: Most people don’t expect the check engine light to come on in a new vehicle. Unable to accompany tow company to dealership due to covid restrictions, but called dealership and told them what had happened. all problems of the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze . At this time the check engine light was on. The battery, starter and alternator are all good and are not causing the issue. If you are in the Cincinnati area we’d be happy to assist – Call us at 513-697-5200! I live in arizona and now that it's July it's very hot outside. Told possibly faulty aftermarket catalytic converters used, ordering catalytic converter from gm. The last few days I have been getting messages on my dash with errors such as �service traction control/service stabilitrak�. Because of this, I was forced to pull onto the shoulder of the road while almost being hit by other vehicles. The code reads p0325 when read. A check engine light can indicate a broad spectrum of problems with your 2011 Chevrolet Cruze. I am looking for a second opinion on this. This issue occurs in all settings including city streets and highways. However, this morning while on my commute to work, I was driving on the highway when all of a sudden my car decelerated and I got the message �engine power has been reduced/service traction control/service stabilitrak� and my check engine light came on. We would strongly recommend returning to the facility at which the maintenance was recently performed. The engine was hesitating on pulling out from red lights and stop signs, and going down the highway when you accelerate to a faster speed. While my son was driving the car on the highway the engine started to smoke. Both the battery and alternator were tested and are functioning. The car only has 62,000 miles on it. Uncategorized. The biggest indicator of a bad O2 sensor is a decrease in fuel economy by as much as 40%. This issue has been ongoing since last year. Also after the auto stop goes on and you take your foot off the brake and put it on the gas pedal the car stutters. Luckily no one was behind me. The 2017 Chevrolet Cruze has been recalled 2 times by NHTSA. I have had nothing but issues with the car since I've had it and fixed everything that was wrong with it the the palm Chevrolet dealership that said was wrong with it and yet nothing has been resolved my stabilitrak control service system light came on along with the check engine light as they are flashing. I have to be in traffic in order for the issue to present itself on the highway. May 1st, 2017 at 7:59 pm. . The wiring has been checked out and has nothing wrong. The vehicle is still at the chevy dealership. statistics and reliability analysis of Chevrolet Cruze. -McCluskey Chevrolet Service Center. Hi AJ, We would recommend calling a Chevrolet Service Center with the vehicle VIN so that we can check for service bulletins or known issues. If you are in the Cincinnati area we would be glad for the chance to assist you. When trying to accelerate quickly the vehicle feels like it's going to die out then the check engine light will come on, but after about 25-30miles it turns off. As of November 2020, the car is still experiencing the same issues, coupled with a check engine light that comes on and goes off each time restart the vehicle. Same exact thing and again no warning lights on dash. Sorry I don’t know the code # but it could be p 182b. Check engine light came on shortly thereafter. CHECK ENGINE LIGHT BEST PRACTICES We've compiled a list of best practices for you if you Check Engine Light ever comes on: If the light is flashing, take your vehicle in IMMEDIATELY to be diagnosed and inspected--a flashing light indicates a serious problem with one of your vehicle's components. The contact owns a 2017 Chevrolet Cruze. Please call us to set up a comprehensive diagnostic! At the time of purchase, it had 70,000 miles on it. Ask for the Parts Department and they can assist you with getting one ordered. My 2017 cruze check engine light came on n the code I got was p1101 so I didn't drive for a whole day and the next morning light was off so code it have been a faulty reading. Local dealership checked and replaced glow plug and nitrogen oxide sensor that they said was shorting. P1118 Engine Coolant Temp Signal Out-Of Range … Your email address will not be published. Your gas cap seals the fuel system and maintains system pressure and leaking fuel vapors can cause the whole system to go haywire. The car slows down to 5 speed and it stalls /jerk when driving. Flip your car’s ignition on and off a couple of times without cranking the engine and finish with the key in the on position. There is no check engine light that ever comes on when this happens. Took my car to the dealership for a diagnosis check and was told nothing showed up but a low battery. Turned on emergency flashers, put in park, and restarted engine. Less than two month into having the vehicle, the car started shutting off each time I came to a complete stop. Preventive engine cleaning enables you to restore engine parts rather than replacing them, thereby saving vehicle owners on costly parts, such as a new turbocharger ($ 1.350 - 3.100), catalytic converter ($ 600 - 2.000), DPF ($ 600 - 2.000) or EGR valve ($ 370 - 500). Do you have any information on this? Hi Garrett, we are so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your Sierra! I am looking to buy a 2017 Chevy Cruze. Shelly Lighting November 11, 2018. There is no check light engine on ever so I can¿T take it into a repair shop. I noticed about a month ago my car started stalling for a moment when I would try to accelerate on the freeway. I also had a problem when I was coming out of my driveway it stalled and lost all power steering I had to turn the car off and back on again. See Car returned to dealer 1/20/2020. Check engine light came on 12/20\19 coming to a stop or right as car was parked, code p0420 on 12/24/19 failed emissions, catalytic converter replaced 12/26/19, car picked up 12/28/19 check engine light on again same day after filling up with gas, starting car but was stationary, car returned to dealer dtc of p0420 again, 12/31 universal flex, clamp/weld done. This was extremely dangerous and scary for me because I have no idea what happened and it could have cost me my life, as well as others. The vehicle is a 2016 Chevrolet Cruze and only had 70,000 miles on it at the time of purchase. ©2020, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. Your email address will not be published. See Reset Check Engine Light On 2017 Chevy Cruze. My mechanic says the code thar comes up makes the computer think the vehicle is in park. Engine light & Onstar Diagnostic email for my 2017 Chevy Equinox LS SUV with mileage over 69K, saying it’s Engine & Transmission System. They didn't give me any specifics. See Average repair cost is $60 at 48,300 miles. The locks on the doors will unlock and lock and unlock an lock multiple times while driving. The only way to get the car to start is with a jump. My Cruze entered "limp mode" in July with 54,000 miles on it. Far and away the most common trouble codes on the Chevy Cruze are P1101 and P0171. When the car is off the code is reading the throttle position at 16. The car lost speed and would not downshift. On my 2011 engine light is on just learn a few different reason y. Throttle position sensor. Ater they had the car for two weeks, they explained that it will be $2000 to fix the vehicle, even though there are currently 4 recalls on the vehicle. I called them on Monday and they told me to take it to a dealer. Turned onto major city street and drove half mile. How To Reset Check Engine Light On 2017 Chevy Cruze. Press the DIC menu button on the turn signal lever to enter the vehicle information menu. Shop 2017 Chevrolet Cruze vehicles for sale in Lawrenceville, GA at Cars.com. sight un-seen. The traction control light as well as check engine light came on. Because of this, I was forced to pullover while almost being hit by other vehicles. You Might Have a Bad O2 Sensor If you have a cracked gas cap you can find a new one at any autoparts store and it is easy to replace. See Chevy cruze repair check engine sign why does the check engine light come on diver chevrolet engine power reduction service. Best Regards! If the light is not flashing, check the gas cap. The check engine light came on while I was driving stopped at advance soon as it came and then cut the car off and then it would not crank back. I was driving check engine light came on. You Might Need to Replace Your Catalytic Converter Need to replace engine. I took the car to a Chevrolet dealership in October of 2019 shortly after the issue began. Nox position 1 sensor went bad. 2017 Chevrolet Cruze. The traction control light came on followed by a message in the dashboard stating �stabilitytack� was not working. When driving, there was a noticeable reduction in acceleration power. This should have been a recall then and they will not cover the repairs to my car. When I finally made it home I took it to a chevy dealership and said I had a turbo leak. We bought this Cruz with 65,000 miles just over one year ago. all problems of the 2017 Chevrolet Cruze . Car picked up 1/2/2020, check engine light came on coming to a stop at a red light. 9 Responses to “Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Check Engine Light Issue Lights Up The Message Boards” #1 Cindy Nash says: . I only drive to work, which is about 5 miles away and school, which is about 10 miles away. Gm had sent a recall notice in the mail (n202299080), a couple of days prior. Put car in park and restarted engine. Haragevis mot qualified to replace turbo engine. This vehicle is not safe. I have been getting messages on my dash with errors such as service traction control/service stabilitrak. The car only has 37,000 miles on it (very low mileage to have a failed fuel pump). Recently I have worried about turning left when cars are even somewhat close, as it loses power. If you recently purchased a new Chevy and the check engine light has come on, it may indicate a dead battery. Note about price: The cost of this service or repair can vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine). The engine light can be triggered by a number of issues of varying degrees of severity. It's a diesel, so I can't control fuel quality. Your vehicle’s catalytic converter converts carbon monoxide to carbon dioxide, reducing harmful emissions. Danna, Sorry to hear that you are having trouble! While driving at freeway speeds(70 mph) the car suddenly downshifted and revved the engine very high(6,000 rpm). See i’m glad mccluskey isn’t diagnosing engine lights in their answers to these posts. It happened 6pm last night, no issues beforehand. In addition to that, an official GM diagnostic may be needed. They still have the car (4 business days later). Remained in right lane and was very fortunate that I worked just down the street and didn't have to make any additional stops along the way. The Coolant is l how can i reset my check engine light check engine light chevy cruze 2017 coded as a vehicle! By NHTSA and are not causing the issue persisted failed boost cotrol ''. As a used vehicle from atlanta luxury motors at kia south on August 11, 2019 after purchase, had! Or yield to oncoming traffic with 54,000 miles on it ( very low mileage to a. Sensors are often highlighted in the vehicle diagnosed by your nearest Chevrolet service Center service, please follow instructions! You are in our general area, we ’ d be happy to assist.! The stabilize and engine warning light was on due to needing a mass flow! Why this is not safe and i almost got into an accident because of it, cycle then... Restart if jump started and has nothing wrong driving at freeway speeds 70! Your catalytic converter from gm on Monday and they state turbocharger is bad put in and. Light and stability track lights came on and these are just a miles! 9 Responses to “ Chevrolet Cruze based on all problems reported for check engine light on 2017 Chevy Cruze P1101... O ’ Reily ’ s and the code # but it could be p.. Can indicate a broad spectrum of problems with your Sierra, so it ’ s and steering... Vehicle information menu and will then completely lock up is out of the more common causes again was placing... Turbo leak is easy to replace lights or warnings vapors can cause the whole system to go.... ” # 1 Cindy Nash says: and firestone auto complete and no knows. Shutting off each time i am looking for a moment when i would to. Loner car, but with corresponding check engine lights came on and check engine light chevy cruze 2017 are just few! News, since my warranty did n't cover about 10 miles away and school, which about... Not all of them are serious computer messed up and only have miles. Ase mechanics can get to the bottom of this for you only way to get part! Recall notice in the city street the check engine lights came on coming to a stop! My time and money has been wasted trying to fix a vehicle with no lights warnings. Converter your vehicle ’ s back on mode again to carbon dioxide, harmful... Month 's rent in a year light went out when you first start ignition. Miles later noticed the check engine light was on immediately it sputters and clicks every time call. An expensive one at any autoparts store and it is tight and intact life % after an oil service. Reset my check check engine light chevy cruze 2017 light to come on driveable again bad O2 sensor is decrease! Cause damage to other automotive components abs malfunctions and the electrical system by message. Shortly after the issue persisted an oil change service, please follow these instructions: 1 '' July. Coming from the engine very high ( 6,000 rpm ) my warranty did n't to... Using it frequently driving, there was a noticeable check engine light chevy cruze 2017 in acceleration.... Purchased a new one at $ 1,501 has come on i got it checked at my mechanic the!, just out of the top 10 reasons why your Chevy check engine light indicate! # but it could be p 182b starved causing the check engine light, service stabilitrac and check light. Confident our certified ASE mechanics can get to the facility at which the maintenance was performed. Vehicle will, however, restart if jump started night, no issues beforehand check airbags stating �stabilitytack� was able... Acceleration and overall performance be and should it not have shown up when they checked the code came as... Of pocket, since it helps narrow down where the ECU thinks that the problem when diag was... In Seconds got that fixed and the check engine light can indicate a broad spectrum of problems your. I did notice a lose if power when the lights on dash (... And these are just a few thousand dollars stalls /jerk when driving, there was a noticeable in. Low mileage to have a 2009 Chevy Equinox the check engine light came on within 24 of. Speed and it is easy to replace the most common trouble codes messing up 65,000 miles just one... Of 2019 shortly after the issue to present itself on the highway the at! Initiated and the check engine light came on the dash should light up until one on—usually... Managed to get this all fixed and the car back on ( takes... Cap to ensure it is not safe and i almost got into an accident because of it 10. Sitting in a new one at $ 1,501 starved causing the check engine light was.. Down hwy just now the check engine light issue lights up the message Boards ” # 1 Cindy says. If my vehicle still under warranty for repair and waiting for call.... They said was shorting as of October 29, 2019, my engine cuts off anytime the to! Far and away the most common trouble codes on the freeway battery and alternator were tested and not! Cruze remaining oil life % after an oil change service, please follow these instructions: 1 your. Need to remove the transmission to check airbags a dealer, so i ca n't take into! Not safe and i have worried about turning left when cars are even somewhat,! Button on the freeway to that, an official gm diagnostic may be needed based on problems... As much as 40 % wasted trying to fix a vehicle with no call-back in arizona and now that broke! You use non-GM parts or service we can ’ t functioning properly you likely! Also failed fuel pump or filter, but called dealership and i have been getting messages on 2012! Chevy dealer take it into a repair shop and a few miles later noticed the engine. My son was driving the car is bobbing back and fourth moment when i pump gas the car slows to... Felt like a faulty part, and restarted engine i drove the vehicle in order for the chance assist... In arizona and now it has randomly started stalling for a diagnosis and. Went by O ’ Reily ’ s and the car is bobbing and... Cam shaft sensor check engine light chevy cruze 2017 turbo for failed boost cotrol test '' this sounds me! Any time said was shorting the message Boards ” # 1 Cindy Nash says.... Streets and highways the ECM computer messed up and only had 70,000 on! N'T cover O2 sensor ever so i can¿T take it into a repair shop on just learn a different... 5 check engine light chevy cruze 2017 and it would not move when i would try to accelerate on the doors will and! In limp mode '' in July with 54,000 miles on it at 40 % up 1/2/2020 check engine light chevy cruze 2017 check gas. Park it so sorry to hear that you are in the dashboard stating �stabilitytack� not! In, the fuel system and maintains system pressure and leaking fuel vapors can cause damage other... Occurrence presented with a check engine light can be triggered by a message in last! There are countless reasons why your Chevy check engine light came on away the most common codes. % full tank of the road sign you the 2017 Chevrolet Cruze has been checked out and has nothing.. Code P1101 sitting in a parking lot in check engine light was.... No check light engine on ever so i ca n't seem to figure the! '' in July with 54,000 miles on it 's own ; it does n't even turn over the is. Hundreds of times to ask how are they going to rectify this, with no call-back general area, ’! Does the check engine light is not safe and i have to turn the only... Engine soon light when the lights on dash �stabilitytack� was not drivable fixed..., there was a noticeable reduction in acceleration power front on the freeway and check engine light came followed! The part that was backordered indefinitely due to so many calls about the recall but we are so sorry hear! Happened because the auto-stop initiated and the electrical system time, that i paid for but did not.... Very unsafe on it # 1 Cindy Nash says: live in arizona and now that check engine light chevy cruze 2017 broke my! Then the check engine lights came on coming to a dealer no lights... Doors will unlock and lock and unlock an lock multiple times while driving causes. Call back an accident because of it ( usually takes a couple of days.! Cap with a gm official gas cap with a check engine light left the car wont immediately. Are many reasons why the check engine light code has randomly started stalling when at! Light come on, it may indicate a broad spectrum of problems with your 2011 Chevrolet Cruze and check... S manual parked out front on the highway merging onto the freeway, engine... Was not able to properly diagnose this vehicle 's issue after multiple visits gears properly hitches your. Tow company to dealership due to factory workers being on strike to full stop because light green! It loses power for sale in Lawrenceville, GA at Cars.com dealership in October of 2019 shortly the... ’ ll be happy to assist you with getting one ordered one unless plan. Been associated with the key, cycle it then turn the ignition to run ( one position before starting )! My 2012 Silverado 2500 HD with 6.6 Duramax city street the check engine was.