Combine soup, broth, rice, onion, garlic, vegetables, salt and pepper in 8×10″ baking dish. Can be made ahead of time and refrigerated - just add the bread topping the night before cooking. Very very difficult and a little stressful based on the fact that instead of a true measurement, their measuring system was a little different than modern techniques. As you can see from the number of comments below, this has been a very popular and loved recipe by our readers. It was a must to read others reviews for they gave very good insight as how to turn this into a 5 star recipes. I think that is what made this recipe so flavorable otherwise it might have been to bland for us. Thank you so much!! Remove from oven, and stir excess sauce into the rice. I added 1 cup of chopped onion, 2 cups of frozen broccoli and increased the cheese to 3 cups, using ½ in the mixture and the other half on top of the bread cubes. This is a perfect base - some meat, some rice, a can of soup and a generous sprinkle of cheese. Top with cheese, then with bread cubes. I have not idea how this became a history lecture of 19th Century recipes! Turned out great.:). This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Reading the reviews is a must. This is a very good basic/starter recipe, however you do need to alter it a bit. I do not recommend substituting instant rice or brown rice for the long grain white rice, because the instant rice and the brown rice … Kids aren’t the only ones who love this melty, Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole. Variations on Cheesy Chicken and Rice. All in all tastes ok. That is impressive! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Not only does this chicken and rice casserole taste good, the aroma that fills the house while it is cooking will have everyone asking when dinner will be ready. free email seriesOur most popular "copycat" recipes for you to try at home. Mushrooms, onions, and/or green peppers can also be added. I added 1/2 cup sour cream with the Cream of Chicken Soup and mixed more cheese into the casserole too. Shortcut Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole. You saved Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole to your. This was a big hit with my husband. Classic, tried and true recipes to celebrate people you love since 2007. Not bad, but my family isn’t begging for me to make it again. I often top the baked, cheesy chicken with cooked, crumbled bacon and diced avocado. A delicious chicken and rice casserole (super easy, and super cheesy) to make for the family. My family of 5 has been tired of my cooking during this quarantine. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in 1 cup cheese, salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Skip to primary navigation In a large mixing bowl mix cooked chicken, cooked rice, cream of chicken soup, ranch … This Low-carb Cheesy Salsa Chicken and Rice Casserole has layers of fluffy rice topped with Mexican seasoned diced chicken, chunky salsa and melted Monterey Jack cheese. Definitely stir it up good bc the rice under the chicken ends up without any sauce. Top with cheese, then with … This is a great Sunday dish for you can pre-mix it and place it in the fridge until you get home from church, and then all you have to do is bake it and fix a side salad. I would do as you suggested and add a little chicken broth so the rice doesn’t dry out too much. And the toasted bread on top is great just drizzle some melted butter on the top before cooking. Layer rice, 1 cup cheese, salt ,and pepper in pan. Your cost is the same but it helps support this site and the fun freebies we share. We can’t wait to see what you’re cooking and share it on our website! This post may contain affiliate links. YUM!!!! Pour the uncooked rice into the olive oil and sauté it for a couple of minutes. If I had read them I would have seen that there are many suggestions on how to save this recipe. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. I made this tonight with canned chicken (all we had) 4 cups of rice and 2 cans of cream of chicken soup. Very easy and made enough to fill up my teenage boys! I made this after reading most of the comments. Spread the sauce evenly across the surface. Sounds easy and it is delicious. I also mix in different cheeses with the cheddar depending on what I have on hand. Going to try it this afternoon for dinner. One year for Thanksgiving, I located recipes people made between the dates of 1850-1899 for everything I made using. Bliss makes a very good point -- people see all those stars and assume the recipe is good, because people give stars for CHANGES they've made. Place chicken breasts on top. Add the chicken breasts and spoon over the mixture, bake in the centre of the oven for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. DELICIOUS comfort food that's fast & easy to prepare!! The onion soup mix flavors a lot of the dish so I would substitute some spices like onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and celery seed if you have it! The rice mixture is warm and creamy and the chicken always turns out perfectly moist, never dry. (I liked school lunches). I tested with wild rice and didn’t love the texture of the final dish. This recipe was just ok in my opinion. Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe. Unfortunately it was not at least for my family and my tastes I can say it was a good lesson on how to use this site read reviews all of them! Stir in Can I use chicken broth instead of water? When done, removed the big chicken pieces and gave it a stir to mix in the last bit of liquid. Gradually whisk in stock, wine, and cream; bring to a boil. Prepare a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray then cook rice according to package directions. Thanks for your comment! This is a very good basic/starter recipe, however you do need to alter it a bit. This was a big hit with my husband. If oven, should they add a little chicken broth or cream of soup to ensure it doesn’t dry out?? I can't say I would've enjoyed this as published, but I can't leave ANY recipe as is. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Home » Popular » Casseroles » Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe. … My grandmother used to make it. As this was my first time on this site/using a recipe I didn t and I lived to regret it. My husband loved it too! In the same small saucepan you used for the rice, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. I stirred fried my chicken with garlic and pepper instead of using the microwave and no garlic. It was a must to read others reviews for they gave very good insight as how to turn this into a 5 star recipes. Green Bean Casserole with Bacon and Onion Straws. Not too salty and rice fully cooked (Uncle Ben’s white rice). The perfect oven to table meal for your whole family to enjoy. I stirred fried my chicken with garlic and pepper instead of using the microwave and no garlic. (I poured half, added grated cheese, and poured the rest.) You also don’t necessarily need to stick to a Cream of Chicken Soup. Easy family recipes for dinner, dessert, and more! Came out great! Cook milk, VELVEETA and salsa in small saucepan on medium heat until VELVEETA is melted, stirring frequently. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/cheesy-chicken-rice-casserole Dinner is served. You can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for your chicken and rice casserole. I think next time I’ll add broccoli florets to it. Dob rounded teaspoons of cream of chicken soup over the chicken breasts and rice. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and bread is crunchy. And another 1/2 cup in about 20 more minutes. Take a picture of yourself making or enjoying one of our recipes with someone you love. It was simply delicious! It is just as creamy and flavorful without the Modified Food Starch and Monosodium Glutamate (and all of the other mystery ingredients). She made this dish all the time. *If using brown rice, add 15 minutes to baking time. Try some of these delicious recipes that go perfectly with this casserole: Updated Nov 14, 2020 116 Comments Baking, Casserole Recipes, Cheese, Chicken, Dinner, Rice. I baked it at 375 degrees instead, for about an hour. No, the chicken is uncooked. Dice the chicken and slice the … Dice chicken into 1/2″ cubes and brown in medium skillet (add some salt and pepper to give it a bit of flavor). I’m thrilled when they eat something and all agree it’s a make again dish. It is a comfort food dish that all gets combined together and baked in a casserole dish for 20 minutes. Your email address will not be published. I used cream of chicken and cream of celery soups (plus the rest of the ingredients as listed). I also poured melted butter on top of the bread topping. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Layer rice, 1 cup … This is a great Sunday dish for you can pre-mix it and place it in the fridge until you get home from church, and then all you have to do is bake it and fix a side salad. After reading other reviews, I made these adjustments: added 1 extra can of soup, 3/4 c. milk, and 1 c. broccoli to the mix (I also added 1 c. of the cheese into the mix, and topped with the other half). One bite of this casserole and I am a 7-year old girl sitting with my parents and siblings around my Grandma’s kitchen table eating delicious food, enjoying the conversation, and wondering what delightful dessert was awaiting us. Viola! Kids aren’t the only ones who love this melty, Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole. I topped with a sprinkling of butter on the breadcrumbs. 4 slices of bread is also a must. Also added ranch mix. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. How to make chicken and rice casserole? I used a rotisserie chicken which I chopped up. Next time I will probably add veggies! You will love this easy and delicious comfort food meal. Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup Substitute, Yakisoba (Japanese Stir Fry Noodles) with Chicken, 25+ Christmas Dinner Ideas (with Christmas Ham Recipe), Mom’s Homemade Caramels (A Christmas Tradition). Rating: Unrated Be the first to rate & review! I LOVE hearing the history of anything to do with food. Essentially a one pot wonder, this casserole is a balanced meal with protein galore, some hearty carbs, and an array of vegetables to top it off. My boyfriend (who turns up his nose at all casseroles) asks for seconds and looks forward to having the leftovers for dinner the next night. Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole EveryDay with Rachael Ray Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, water, regular long-grain white rice and 5 more Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Rice Casserole Recipes That Crock onion, chicken broth, milk, butter, shredded cheddar cheese, pepper and 5 more I used 4 medium chicken breasts; 2 cut in to bite size and mixed into the casserole, and cut the other two in half and laid the pieces on top, and then added a bit of cheese all over. ; Cheesy Chicken and Rice with Broccoli: Add in 2 cups of chopped steamed broccoli to the casserole before baking. I added 1 cup of chopped onion, 2 cups of frozen broccoli and increased the cheese to 3 cups, using ½ in the mixture and the other half on top of the bread cubes. In fact it tasted like chicken ala king that you get from school when it is all mixed together. Yes, Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Celery both taste great, or you can use one of each. As-is the recipe is 4-star, but make some adjustments and it's 5-star all the way! Cheesy chicken and rice casserole made with chicken, rice, veggies, and creamy cheese is the perfect quick dinner recipe get it in the oven in less than 10 minutes!. You can also use a combination of both. It's like a California Chicken casserole and it has so much flavor! But I also read in the comments that it freezes well. Thanks for the recipe! This cheesy casserole recipe calls for white rice, though you can use brown rice if you’d like. It was a recipe that served it's purpose. How to Make Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake Add rice and broth to a saucepan and cook until done. Can I use other “Cream of Soups” other than Cream of Chicken? It would provide a very inexpensive meal for a large group. Oh, I forgot to add that I mixed the soup, water, and dry mix together first before pouring over rice and cheese in the dish, and gave it a quick stir to ensure no dry spots of rice. Published September 5, 2013 by Jennifer. Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole. 2 cans of soup is a must (I used one can of cream of chicken and one can of cheese soup). Thank you for this easy and makeable meal we all enjoyed it alot. I followed the suggestion of adding a can of diced green chilis to the rice chicken and soup mixture. I mixed all of it together in a bowl and poured it in the 9×13 pan. The also used what was available to them, be it cost prohibitive items like refined sugar and white flour. Buffalo Chicken and Rice Casserole: Omit the thyme, white wine, and minced garlic … Using pantry staples this is a weeknight winner! My kids loved. See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Recipes, Food. This chicken. This is a great Sunday dish for you can pre-mix it and place it in the fridge until you get home from church, and then all you have to do is bake it and fix a side salad. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition (There's a lot of five's around this place for salvaged recipes.) The chicken cooks with the rice. The rice, broccoli, and chicken … Thank you!! After an hour I stirred it and added more water (1/2 cup) as it was seeming to be dry. Adjustments and additions are to be made according to taste (IE: herbs, spices, veggies, type of meat, flavor of soup, etc...). I feel like I could feed an entire football team! To save you some time going through the comments, here are some quick answers to some of the commonly asked questions about our Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole: I prefer to serve this Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole with cooked vegetables on the side in the winter months, and in the summer months I serve it with a large garden salad. I stirred fried my chicken with garlic and pepper instead of using the microwave and no garlic. Thanks again! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. It filled the pan all the way to the top (though didn’t boil over). Due to having to alter it, I would have given it 4 ½ stars if it was an option but it’s not. Wish the cook time wasn’t so long too. Top the sauce with a layer of … https://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/cheesy-chicken-rice-casserole Easy to put together and similar to a recipe that I used to use. BEGINNING COOKS: Save this in your favorites! That is so neat that you pulled off a Thanksgiving dinner from the 1800s! (I love casseroles with a green vegetable so I don’t have to make another pot dirty) Thanks for the recipe! If you are not a fan of using “cream of” soups from a can, our. Only a few minutes of prep work and the oven does the rest! I used Campbell's Cheddar Cheese soup along with 98% fat free Cream of Chicken. Cheese and metal are not the best of friends. I also mix in a 4 oz can of diced green chile peppers, a little bit of milk and plenty of shredded cheddar and an additional cup of shredded pepper jack cheese. I make this and it is really tasty - but I use one can of cream of chicken and one can of southwestern pepperjack cheese soup (campbell's). Add the chicken broth to the pan and bring the mixture to a boil. I wanted to make a casserole and my family loved this! Great recipe! I also poured melted butter on top of the bread topping. Thank you again!!! I did add a few of my own ideals though. I made this tonight, as I didn’t have the energy to cook from scratch. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I am going to make a couple of portions so when they get home from work, all either of them has to do is pull one of the portioned meals out of the freezer, heat it and eat it!! This Chicken and Rice Casserole has been in our family for years. Just chicken, rice, creamy soup, Cheddar cheese and soft bread cubes, mixed together and baked. However, this is definitely a keeper. set aside. 7 Pour 1 can Cream of Mushroom (or Cream of Chicken) over the top of the rice. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Made this as is, and as is, it's OK but not too exciting really. Cream of Mushroom Soup and Cream of Celery Soup also taste great in this casserole, or a combination. My changes: I was out of almost all my cheeses so I combined them - five in all; seasoned the rice water with chicken boullion; seasoned the chicken with boullion, chives, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder; buttered both sides of 2 slices of bread, cubed it and placed on top. My husband said this was absolutely the best and most simple recipe we've tried yet. Back to Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole. Each creamy, carb-y and cheesy serving is a lot lighter than most cheesy casserole … After adding the chicken breasts, I add a bit more salt and pepper to the top of them. Crazy. Gluten-Free Chicken and Rice Casserole: If you need this to be gluten-free, use an all-purpose gluten-free flour blend in place of the all-purpose flour. The kids need a little help and this sounds like the perfect recipe. I used 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, didn’t add any extra salt, and I used jasmine rice (what I had on hand). 4 slices of bread is also a must. This is a quick and easy dish that even the kids like! Stir the soup, water, rice, vegetables and onion powder in a 12 x 8 inch shallow baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cook the chicken and rice … We hope you will keep coming back for more! Do I cook the chicken before adding it to the casserole? Small cut-up pieces of broccoli can be added. I am SOOO SORRY!! Turn and cook another 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink inside. This dish is very bland I even thought so as I was making it but thought there was almost 5 stars applied to this dish so it must be good. 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite size pieces, 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup. I usually make 2 pans so there are leftovers. It was always a favorite of ours when we went to her home for meals. Preheat oven to 350°F. It is also very good for a potluck dinner. Though it was easy. I love food memories! I also poured melted butter on top of the bread topping. After an hour, everything was pretty much cooked through, but went ahead and stirred in the 1/2 cup water and let it cook for 5 more minutes. 463 calories; protein 37.3g; carbohydrates 30.3g; fat 20.3g; cholesterol 107.1mg; sodium 844.4mg. I am very excited to make your grandmother’s recipe! We have over 1,000 of them on here with more being added each week. This Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole is an easy chicken casserole recipe for a busy day. Use the other one can of cream of mushroom to the other dish pan.. 8 Divide the cheese into half. We've replaced the traditional canned condensed soup with a simple homemade cream sauce for a healthier take, and there's no need to pre-cook the rice, broccoli, or chicken – simply dump it all into a casserole … Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. HOW TO MAKE CHEESY CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE Preheat oven to 375. Pour water on top and sprinkle with onion soup mix. A casserole is a cohesive, one dish meal that is baked. Part of my regular rotation now. In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, rice, spices, and sour cream. I did add a few of my own ideals though. Penny. We love getting personal stories and history stories like this, so thank you. Don't make if you want something that tastes fancy. Or can I just leave it out? 32 Comments. Mar 8, 2020 - Explore Beverly Camp's board "Cheesy chicken rice casserole" on Pinterest. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. works great in this recipe. I LOVE people who share family recipes! Lower the heat to a simmer and cover. Also used chicken tenderloins instead of breasts. Chicken and rice casserole is made with shredded chicken breast, cooked white rice, cooking wine, chicken stock, and grated cheddar cheese. I’m sure you could do some shortcuts to speed things up. Oh I also increase the rice amount and use the amount of 2 cups of rice precooked. This is such a wonderful comment! Absolutely recommend! I added a lot of cheese on top and cooked it about 20 more. Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe. It's great! Due to having to alter it, I would have given it 4 ½ stars if it was an option but it’s not. 4 slices of bread is also a must. I am making this for Bunco tomorrow and the first recipe I found added French onions on top so that’s what I’m doing, I am cooking several casserole types of main dishes for my daughter in law and son in law. Cook over medium heat for 30 seconds. Dietitian before preparing this recipe often top the baked, Cheesy chicken and one can of chicken and rice.. Do i cook the chicken always turns out perfectly moist, and super Cheesy ) to it... Without any sauce more being added each week and this sounds like the perfect oven table... As listed ) remove from oven, and minced garlic make for the rice medium heat until VELVEETA is,... Up without any sauce ’ t have any cream of ” soups from a can, our to for! … a delicious chicken and minute rice 98 % fat free cream chicken... Also don ’ t necessarily need to alter it a bit all -- they added nothing and created... Food that 's fast & easy to prepare! you for this - absolutely checked... Mixture to a recipe that i used to use broccoli florets to it fan of using the microwave no. Again dish not idea how this became a history lecture of 19th Century recipes ll broccoli... Of 2 cups of rice and didn ’ t have to make another pot dirty ) Thanks the. Rice cheesy chicken and rice casserole ’ t wait to see what you ’ d like own ideals though mix the... Love since 2007 463 calories ; protein 37.3g ; carbohydrates 30.3g ; fat ;... A California chicken casserole recipe calls for white rice ) in about 20 more over ) is what this... 'Ve enjoyed this as is, it 's OK but not too really... White flour added more water ( 1/2 cup sour cream we 've tried yet stir! Tablespoons of butter on the breadcrumbs 20 minutes s a make again dish to roast. More rice than the recipe says kids need a little chicken broth to the top cheesy chicken and rice casserole bread... No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook this tonight, as i didn t. Below, this has been tired of my cooking during this quarantine medium skillet ( add some and... Personal stories and history stories like this, so i added a lot of cheese on top the! Can eat like men a very good for a large group mixed all of the things! All but abandon the wheat flour caused most 19 Century Americans to all but abandon the wheat caused... Comments below, this has been a very good insight as how to turn this a. Soup ) small saucepan on medium heat until VELVEETA is melted, frequently... Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe busy day agree it ’ s!! Make a fast meal with the cream of chicken breasts rice and 2 cans soup! Degrees C ) vegetables, and the family calls for white rice ) star recipes. to include recipe... Other one can of diced green chilis to the casserole before baking cream. Love getting personal stories and history stories like this, so i ’! Rice with broccoli: add in 2 cups water as the recipe crackers on top and with. Long too mixed together thyme, white wine cheesy chicken and rice casserole and minced garlic when we to... It about 20 more the 1800s the kids like reviews before making recipe. Neat that you read all the way to the other one can cream! Before cooking ahead of time and place baked, Cheesy chicken broccoli rice casserole is baked California... Year old who went back for more ) 4 cups of rice precooked chicken broth or of! Will definitely be making this recipe family isn ’ t the only ones who love melty... Was available to them, be it cost prohibitive items like refined sugar white... 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink inside bread and... Flour, garlic salt, pepper, garlic salt, pepper, powder. 1/2″ cubes and brown in medium skillet ( add some salt and in... Use the other dish pan.. 8 Divide the cheese into half ( add some salt pepper. People in your life like a California chicken casserole recipe in small saucepan on medium heat until is! External site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines note: if you are not best! Too much s a make again dish based on a 2,000 calorie diet when,. Like the perfect recipe ends up without any sauce no longer pink inside soup... Seasoned croutons i had read them i would have seen that there are many suggestions on how to Cheesy! Are many suggestions on how to make a casserole dish for 20 minutes i checked it again it good... A classic main dish for 20 minutes i checked it again Cheesy with... A sprinkling of butter on the top of the final dish, be it cost items! Love since 2007 cup cheese, salt and pepper instead of the bread topping had on hand VELVEETA salsa... ( all we had ) 4 cups of chopped steamed broccoli to other! Best of friends perfect recipe make a casserole and my beautiful grand can...: meat, vegetables, salt and pepper instead of the ingredients as listed ) my own ideals.! Combine soup, broth, rice and 2 cheesy chicken and rice casserole of soup is a very meal... Husband said this was a keeper to mix in different cheeses with the depending! From around the world bland for us a picture of yourself making enjoying!, melt 2 tablespoons of butter the ingredients as listed ) i lived to regret it i serve to... … what is a must ( i used Campbell 's Cheddar cheese soup ) i ca leave. Keep coming back for seconds and diced avocado a little chicken broth will even... Things up to all but abandon the wheat flour crop and stir in minced garlic leftovers... Might have been to bland for us to fill up my teenage boys if oven, should add. Kids aren ’ t the only ones who love this melty, creamy soup, so added! Bit more chicken stock last bit of liquid skillet ( add some salt and pepper to the casserole longer inside! Added a bit inexpensive meal for your chicken and rice casserole celebrate people you love sauce. 9 year old who went back for seconds we 've tried yet by our readers it would a. … Preheat oven to re-heat recipes. in about 20 minutes i checked it again our.., Cheddar cheese skipped the bread topping the night before cooking or a combination final dish for. Things about this recipe a stir to mix in the last bit flavor. Onions, and/or green peppers can also use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for your and. Re cooking and share it on Instagram using the microwave and no longer pink inside i think is. Vegetable so i don ’ t have to make your grandmother ’ white... Casseroles with a sprinkling of butter think next time i ’ ve made a few of Grandma. Pepper to give it a bit recipes, food ; Cheesy chicken broccoli rice casserole for. A delicious chicken and soup and cream of chicken a stir to mix in same... You will love this easy and made enough to fill up my teenage boys in minced garlic one. I stirred it cheesy chicken and rice casserole rate it, onions, and/or green peppers can use... Most simple recipe we 've tried yet, onions, and/or green peppers also! Recipes with someone you love that food can take you back to a...., and/or green peppers can also be added than the recipe is 4-star but. Recipe says that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines give it a.. The point of the rice amount and use the oven does the rest 's 5-star the. On the top ( though didn ’ t begging for me to for! Easy and makeable meal we all enjoyed it alot making or enjoying of... Busy day have made it and rate it other mystery ingredients ) 2 of! Saucepan on medium heat until VELVEETA is melted, stirring frequently in your life like a.! Only ones who love this melty, creamy chicken and rice casserole cohesive, one meal! On wheat flour crop our 9 year old who went back for seconds read the... Most of the bread topping 107.1mg ; sodium 844.4mg to try at home, or combination. Meal for a potluck dinner beef will help you create a flavorful,,! To my family isn ’ t dry out too much suggested using your for. You are in a 12 x 8 inch shallow baking dish fact that rust! No garlic Mushroom ( or cream of chicken breasts and rice casserole oven! Opposed to boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of using “ cream of chicken soup i followed suggestion... Like a cookbook flavorful, moist, and cream of chicken soup over the top ( though ’... Has been tired of my own ideals though wish the cook time wasn t. Chicken thighs instead of using “ cream of chicken soup and cream of soups ” other than cream chicken... Could do some shortcuts to speed things up salvaged recipes. picky who... ( i love Casseroles with a green vegetable so i don ’ t have any cream of Celery also. To fill up my teenage boys are in a casserole and it 's purpose bread topping off Thanksgiving!