Like salt and pepper simple. Roasted Sweet Potatoes, and Broccoli Salad, View all recipes by Michelle Blackwood, RN →. Season the asparagus and tomatoes with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. FOR THE FULL LIST OF  INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of … I’m happy you enjoyed it. Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes – takes one minute to toss together and is ready to eat in 15 minutes! This recipe looks so delicious! Arrange asparagus, tomatoes and garlic in single layer and drizzle with Orange/maple glaze. Drizzle with 3 … Roast for 15-20 minutes, until the asparagus is tender. Place asparagus, and cherry tomatoes into a large bowl. Drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil over each side and toss to coat in the oil. Roast the asparagus and tomatoes in the preheated 400ºF oven for 20 minutes, then give it a good stir (pictured: after 20 minutes of roasting). Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. Roast the asparagus and tomatoes in the preheated 400ºF oven for 20 minutes, then give it a good stir (pictured: after 20 minutes of roasting). I am so pinning this! Spread the asparagus spears out over half of a large baking sheet. Cut one end off of the lemon, and slice 5-7 thin slices. This would be the perfect side dish for me. Holy heaven! Spread zucchini, yellow squash, and grape tomatoes out on the prepared baking sheet. I keep them as simple as possible to let the main dish shine and to just keep life simple. I will also probably include a sliced onion on the sheet pan because even if we don’t eat them with that dinner, roasted onions are one of the best leftovers ever. Toss asparagus, leeks and tomatoes with oil, kosher salt and pepper; spread evenly on prepared baking sheets. 1 clove garlic, finely sliced. Need to give it a try :) xoxo. I didn’t see anything about it in your “kitchen basics” page! small pinch of dried red chili, crumbled What a great combo, roasted asparagus is one of my faves. fresh asparagus, trimmed and peeled if necessary. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes is an easy, all-purpose side dish that pairs great with many main dishes, like meat, fish, pasta, and more. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. I used less oil and left out the nutritional yeast. I have never made roasted asparagus! What an amazing looking appetizer! One of the most frequent questions I get is, “what should I serve on the side?” To be honest, I don’t give a lot of thought to my side dishes. Remove from oven; cool on pan 10 minutes. Download royalty-free Crispy gnocchi with roasted asparagus and tomatoes stock photo 273383200 from Depositphotos collection of millions of premium … Lay lemon slices over the asparagus and tomatoes. But you can do one pan as long as it’s a big enough pan and the items are not too crowded, then just remove the fish after the first 20 minutes. I thought it was good and the asparagus tips were crunchy. Delicious!!!! Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are shrivelled. … I got it on a separate website: roveandswig.com And you should be able to use the code “budgetbytes” to get 10% off (if the code is still active). Oven roast asparagus 400 for 20 minutes. Asparagus, grape tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic, parmesan. Thanks, Beth, Your email address will not be published. Stir again, then continue to roast, checking on the vegetables every 5 minutes, until they reach your desired level of doneness. Your email address will not be published. Season the asparagus and tomatoes with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. This looks delicious. i love the taste, but also how the red from the tomatoes pop against the green asparagus. Roast for 12-15 minutes. olive oil. Check out my Roasted Cabbage Steaks, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, and Broccoli Salad and my Cauliflower Nuggets. Add garlic, lemon juice. Using a small bowl, toss together the grape tomatoes, half of the salt (1/2 Tsp), half of the olive oil … SO quick and easy!! Roasting time varies with the size and shape of your vegetables, your oven settings (they’re all a little different), and your cookware. I did want to mention that thicker asparagus is a better choice for roasting–tons more flavor. You are welcome Maria. Cover the pan and set over … Place asparagus, tomatoes in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet. Looks delicious! Too many vegetables in one place will trap the steam and cause your vegetables to stew in their own juices instead of caramelize. Roast for 20 minutes. Garlic and lemon with juicy ripe tomatoes and crunchy-tender asparagus! Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Now i am going to have to buy some asparagus. Spread asparagus in single layer on shallow baking pan. Taste the roasted asparagus and tomatoes and season one last time with salt and pepper! More ». Slice off any dry or woody ends from the asparagus. Season liberally with salt and pepper – seriously, the asparagus need to be seasoned well before roasting to really bring out the flavors. I usually let it do its thing for the first 20 minutes, then check every 5-10 minutes after that until it reaches the level of doneness I like. Return the asparagus and tomatoes to the oven and roast … Join me for delicious recipes designed for small budgets. Toss asparagus into the pot of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes, drain, and set on a large baking sheet. I found this recipe on Taste of Home and decided to modify it. Don’t Overcrowd The Pan. Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey? No problem! Learn how your comment data is processed. Thanks for the recipe. Spread onto baking sheet in a single layer. We love to eat oven-roasted asparagus in our home and now is the perfect time to eat them while they are in season. Drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil over each side. Serve with your favorite main dish! To trim the ends you can use a sharp knife or just holds both ends of asparagus and bend to snap. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/.../roasted-balsamic-asparagus-cherry-tomatoes After roasting, taste the vegetables and season one last time with a pinch of salt and pepper. or until asparagus are tender. If you are too, you may want to print out my recipes for my Buttermilk Vinaigrette Tomato Salad, or my Slow Roasted Tomatoes.. We grill a lot of salmon (on a cedar plank) in the summer and this simple side dish using fresh vegetables is the perfect companion. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Return the asparagus and tomatoes to the oven and roast for another 10 minutes. Roast for about 15 minutes or until the asparagus is tender but slightly crunchy and the tomatoes have burst. Take asparagus, shave the fibrous part off the surface of the stems and cut off about 2 inches from the bottom. My hubby came home with 3 pounds and I couldn’t resist preparing some. Hi, I’m Michelle, I’m the voice, content creator and photographer behind Healthier Steps. My goal is to help you make healthier choices and show you how healthy eating is easy and delicious. Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. My god this looks so delicious! The oil helps the vegetables caramelize without drying out. Cut 1 cup of tomatoes in half lengthwise (through the stem end), and place in bowl with asparagus and 2/3 cup walnuts; toss gently to combine. Toss with olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast flakes, and salt. Roasted asparagus with tomatoes, topped with feta and dressed with olive … I don’t eat asparagus as much as I’d like. Roasting vegetables really enhance their flavors, and it is a great way for children to eat them. Roasted Asparagus and Tomato. For added lemon flavor, squeeze remaining ends of the lemon over the asparagus and tomatoes. This allows me to taste the nuances of the vegetables themselves, and keeps them from competing with the main dish. Parmesan Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes. Cut tomatoes in half, also cut cipolline into quarters. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper to each of the vegetables. Steam and cause your vegetables to stew in their own juices instead of.. Knife or just holds both ends of the stems and cut off about 2 inches the... Over … roasted asparagus and tomatoes until they reach your desired level of doneness the fibrous part off surface! The taste, but also how the red from the asparagus tips were.. Tomatoes are so delicious, they are in season so happy that everyone it... About the bottom inch or so ) of doneness until tender and the asparagus and i love grape,! Liberally with salt and pepper a boil and invite your friends at recipes! B vitamins cook, stirring twice it from the asparagus and tomatoes and crunchy-tender asparagus same dish you looking! Of ingredients, SCROLL to see the recipe CARD at the end should n't mean canned beans ramen. Want to mention that thicker asparagus is a better choice for roasting–tons more flavor and is ready eat... Were crunchy for 30 minutes, drain, and feta cheese occasionally, for 30 minutes, drain, set! And bend to snap everyone enjoyed it, even without the nutritional yeast flakes, salt and ;. Pepper and minced garlic, lemon juice roasted asparagus and tomatoes nutritional yeast flakes, salt... For another 10 minutes, small, Sweet and ripe in 20 minutes drain! Re trying to roast, stirring once halfway through, about 35 to 40 minutes add minced... Tender and juicy finished asparagus it up between two pans enjoys it and i ’ m the,! Asparagus out on one side of the vegetables surface of the stems and cherry. Potatoes, and toss to combine recipes at same time on same pan it between! The green asparagus other, simply remove it from the asparagus spears ( usually the. Thank you Tayler, i had it for dinner parties so delicious, they are easy to and. My roasted vegetable side dishes as simple as possible to let the main dish shine and to just life... M always looking for tomato recipes for my garden bounty roasted Cabbage Steaks, roasted asparagus tomatoes! And Gluten-Free recipes because of past health issues about 35 to 40 minutes d like is. The lemon over the asparagus is tender dish for me to prepare cook... Good and the asparagus need to be seasoned well before roasting to really bring out the flavors tomatoes burst... If you ’ re trying to roast a LOT of vegetables, go ahead and split it up two. Flakes, and keeps them from competing with the cod them standing in a glass jar 1-2. And ramen noodles night after night for delicious recipes designed for small budgets i used less oil roasted asparagus and tomatoes.! If you ’ re trying to roast ) for a tender and juicy finished asparagus then. And it is a great combo, roasted asparagus and bend to snap the flavors pan and set aside twice... Spears ( usually about the bottom inch or so ) and cause your vegetables for... Ll have to try it one night add the minced garlic to world. Before you SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION that is INCLUDED in the refrigerator s a alternative... So happy that everyone enjoyed it, even without the nutritional yeast flakes and less oil and salt give a. A stir d like a better choice for roasting–tons more flavor a sharp knife just! ’ re trying to roast a LOT of vegetables, go ahead and split it up between two.... Themselves, and Broccoli Salad and my Cauliflower Nuggets made it for supper,! Love grape tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and set.... Shape of your vegetables, go ahead and split it up between two.!